REOPENING UPDATE- Phase 1+
Updated 6.19.20- The Y is open, but using a phased-in approach. Members will notice several changes in the facility designed to increase safety, including cleaning physical distancing and cleaning protocols. Both members and staff will be asked to do a wellness self-assessment before entering the facility. Those with symptoms will be asked to please stay home.
HOURS: June 10-21 | Monday-Friday, 7am-6pm, Closed Saturdays and Sundays
Monday, June 22-TBD | Monday-Friday, 5:30am-7pm / Saturday 7am-4pm *Closed 4th of July / Closed on Sundays for Summer
AGES- All ages welcome in age appropriate areas and activities
- OPEN: Weight Room, Wellness Center A, Wellness Center B (east side of gym), lobby, towel service for those on a subscription (no daily rentals), virtual group fitness classes, in person group fitness classes (by reservation), Kid’s Corner (babysitting)*a health screening including temperature check will be requested for all children and family member checking them in – limited capacity, outdoor basketball, walking track, locker rooms, PLUS lap swimming (by reservation), indoor basketball with limited availability * Each area will have a specific capacity based on 25% of maximum room occupancy.
** Open Basketball- Guidelines: 3 ‘hoops’ available inside and 1 outside. Maximum 2 people per hoop or 1 household unit. Physical distancing is required and no games permitted. See Schedules and Reservations [Tab] for gym schedule or to reserve a time spot.
** Lap Swim/water fitness lane reservation– will be available for online reservation by Monday morning. Guidelines: 1 person per lane.
**The Saunas are CLOSED due to restrictions issued from the State Health Department/DEED as outlined in the gym-fitness-center industry guidelines.
**Due to capacity issues, Nationwide Memberships will NOT be honored, and NO Day Passes will be available.
Phase 2 will include increased group fitness classes, limited youth sports, limited swim lessons, pickleball, and other possible programs as allowed.
MASK REQUIREMENTS FOR MEMBERS AND GUESTS 7.24.20
- YES when in any common area, locker room, or program area. This includes traveling to and from locker rooms and program areas.
- NO when in the pool or shower, or while participating in a strenuous exercise activity.
- YES for all youth who are safely able to put on, take off, and wear a mask without assistance.
- NO for youth 2 years of age or younger.
- NO for those who have genuine medical reasons for not being able to wear a mask
- Child Care programs operate under separate guidance. Ask Staff.
All members will be asked to pre-check their temperature at home and staff will receive a daily temperature check prior to beginning their shift.
Wipe Down Equipment
Use the cleaning materials provided. Wipe down equipment before and after your workout.
Keep your Distance
Respect all signs regarding physical distancing. Stay at least six feet away from others wherever possible.
Expect Reduced Capacity
At times of full capacity (25% of maximum occupancy-212 members) and based on room size, you may be asked to wait until space is available. Reservation opportunities will open soon!
Wear Your Mask
Members and Guests are required to wear a face covering in all public spaces and businesses, unless alone. See additional guidance on MN Department of Health website.
JOIN OUR VIRTUAL / LIVE GROUP FITNESS
Not ready to come back in? Check out our virtual classes for MEMBERS ONLY through our Group Ex Facebook Page. Request access then click on the [virtual schedule] at the top of the page.
Stay Home if You’re Sick
CDC and MDH guidelines outline symptoms. Vulnerable populations should stay home.
LOCATIONS / TIMES
602 Oak Street, Brainerd
Staff will be able to distribute food packets from 10am-4pm, Monday-Friday
THE BRAINERD FAMILY YMCA & THE OUTREACH PROGRAM BLA OFFER FREE MEALS TO KIDS AND FAMILIES
1 in 7 children in the U.S. are fighting hunger and, because of COVID-19-related school closings, are even more are at risk. Our Y is stepping up during these times of uncertainty to ensure all kids have access to meals while maintaining social distance, even when school’s not in session.
Children ages 18 and under/families can pick Outreach Program meal packets at the YMCA.
- Vegetables: Many meal packages contain dehydrated vegetables.
- Vitamin and mineral fortified: Each serving contains 21 essential vitamins & minerals for a growing body.
- Multiple servings per package: One package provides six one-cup servings.
- Simple to Prepare: Boil package contents in water for twenty minutes.
- Long life: Each sealed package has a shelf life of two years
US IS A PROMISE
TO HELP STRENGTHEN OUR COMMUNITY
US IS A REALITY
TO HELP LIFT OUR COMMUNITY
Unable to display Facebook posts.
Please refer to our Error Message Reference.
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE
BRAINERD FAMILY YMCA
602 Oak St.
Brainerd, MN 56401
DUE TO STATE MANDATE- THE YMCA IS OPERATING AT 25% CAPACITY AND ON A LIMITED SCHEDULE
Closed Labor Day