Governor Walz updated the COVID-19 Preparedness Plan Guidance: Requirements for Gyms, Studios and Fitness Centers on Wednesday, January 6 2021. Here are some highlights:
- The social distancing has changed from 12 feet of social distancing in fitness classes, weight room, wellness center, gym and pool to 9 feet between each person.
- Those in the same household do not have to have their own hoop in the gym.
- Showers will be permitted, providing the usage is every other shower to adhere to the social distancing of 9 feet apart.
- Those who have a reservation for a lap lane can use the Men’s or Women’s Locker to change and shower, rather than the using the Family Locker Room.
- Reservations are still required to use the gym, weight room, wellness center, pool or attend an in-person fitness class.
- The pool lanes can go from 2 lanes to 3 lanes for lap swimming/water exercise. These will be lane 1, 4 and a lane between lane 2 & 3.
- Masks are still required to be worn at all times, including when working out, except when you are in a shower or in the pool.
Beginning on Monday, January 4, 2021, the Y will be offering in-person Group Fitness Classes and lap swim! We will return to our business hours prior to the November closure. Here are a few highlights of the new guidelines for us to follow. Thank you for your constant support, patience and kindness while we work through this new chapter. For the complete updated report, please review COVID-19 Gyms, Studios, Fitness Centers and similar facilities under Executive Order 20-103.
- Reservations are required and are available on the website.
- Masks MUST be worn on and off the pool deck.
- One patron per lane at a time with 12 feet of social distance required between swimmer in parallel lanes.
- We are asking swimmers to use the Family Locker to gain access to the pool.
- Each class must be held in a designated, separate, self-contained space that physically
separates the group activities from all other activities at the facility.
- Classes cannot exceed 10 persons, which include all participants, instructors, and persons in the class area.
- Each member must have a 12x12 space.
- A reservation system must be established for each class.
- Access into the class area must be restricted to members of the class with a reservation, or an instructor. Other persons, including other workers, members, observers, or spectators are not
permitted into the class area while the class is in progress.
The Y will reopen on Monday, December 21 from 5:30 AM to 7:00 PM. There are new guidelines for us to follow and we appreciate your support as we navigate through this new chapter. For the complete report on the latest updates, please see COVID-19 Gyms, Studios, Fitness Centers and Similar Facilities under Executive Order 20-103 or the Emergency Executive Order 20-103/Extending and Modifying Executive Order 20-99.
Here are a few highlights from the new guidelines:
- We will be limited to a building capacity of 100 people in our facility at any time and room occupancy numbers will need to reflect an updated social distancing requirement of 12 feet.
- Social Distancing will still be 6 feet apart in the lobby, locker room and hallways, however, social distancing for the gym, wellness center, weight room and any activities involving physical exercise or exertion must maintain a physical distance of at least 12 feet from all other persons.
- Face coverings must be worn by all persons at ALL times. Notwithstanding Executive Order 20-81, individuals are not permitted to remove their face coverings during activities that involve a high level of exertion. You will need to wear your mask while working out in each area of the facility.
- We will be required to create a reservation system for facility usage.
- There will be NO pool usage, showers, or Kids Corner at this time.
- No in-person group fitness classes are permitted until January 4, 2021. Specific details pertaining to in-person group fitness classes will be outlined in a future guidance.
- We are working on developing a gym schedule that will meet the guidelines of the current Executive Order.
WE ARE STILL HERE FOR YOU
JOIN OUR VIRTUAL AND ON DEMAND GROUP FITNESS CLASSES – Even though our doors are closed to the public, your membership is still ACTIVE and there is lots to do for you to stay connected and healthy!
Check out our virtual classes for MEMBERS ONLY through our Group Ex Facebook Page. Request access then click on the virtual schedule at the top of the news feed on the page.
The YMCA is here for your DISTANCE LEARNING SUPPORT!
The YMCA is here to help ALL grades transition to full distance learning.
LOCATIONS / TIMES
602 Oak Street, Brainerd
Staff will be able to distribute food packets from 10am-4pm, Monday-Friday
THE BRAINERD FAMILY YMCA & THE OUTREACH PROGRAM BLA OFFER FREE MEALS TO KIDS AND FAMILIES
1 in 7 children in the U.S. are fighting hunger and, because of COVID-19-related school closings, are even more are at risk. Our Y is stepping up during these times of uncertainty to ensure all kids have access to meals while maintaining social distance, even when school’s not in session.
Children ages 18 and under/families can pick Outreach Program meal packets at the YMCA.
- Vegetables: Many meal packages contain dehydrated vegetables.
- Vitamin and mineral fortified: Each serving contains 21 essential vitamins & minerals for a growing body.
- Multiple servings per package: One package provides six one-cup servings.
- Simple to Prepare: Boil package contents in water for twenty minutes.
- Long life: Each sealed package has a shelf life of two years
US IS A PROMISE
TO HELP STRENGTHEN OUR COMMUNITY
US IS A REALITY
TO HELP LIFT OUR COMMUNITY
Unable to display Facebook posts.
Please refer to our Error Message Reference.
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE
Certified program provider with Minnesota Afterschool Advance
BRAINERD FAMILY YMCA
602 Oak St.
Brainerd, MN 56401
Monday 5:30 AM - 8:30 PM
Tuesday 5:30 AM - 8:30 PM
Wednesday 5:30 AM - 8:30 PM
Thursday 5:30 AM - 8:30 PM
Friday 5:30 AM - 7:00 PM
Saturday 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Please monitor our Facebook pages for more information.