Per the Governor’s recent Executive Order 20-99, the YMCA (under gyms classification) is mandated to CLOSE to the public beginning on Saturday, November 21st.
While not open on site, we will continue to serve our members by:
- providing a full menu of virtual fitness classes
- allowing members to rent a set of ‘Strength Train Together’ equipment while we are closed
- running virtual training sessions for Y Basketball, and then resuming on site sessions once we are permitted to re-open
- facilitating virtual dryland training sessions for the Dolphins swim team
…and we will continue to be there when our community needs us most by
continuing to run licensed Child Care and Distance Learning Support for school age students, and
provide free meal packets (from the Outreach Program) for pick-up outside the Y, M-F from 9-4pm for families in need.
WE ARE STILL HERE FOR YOU
JOIN OUR VIRTUAL AND ON DEMAND GROUP FITNESS CLASSES – Even though our doors are closed to the public, your membership is still ACTIVE and there is lots to do for you to stay connected and healthy!
Check out our virtual classes for MEMBERS ONLY through our Group Ex Facebook Page. Request access then click on the [virtual schedule] at the top of the page. For ON DEMAND (recorded) fitness classes through Y 360, Click Here.
MOVE A MILE EVERYDAY TRACKER – Stay active and make sure that you ‘move a mile’ every day!
Track your activity daily from Thanksgiving Day through the end of the year, then turn in your sheet and be entered for prizes including a Y t-shirt, Y hoodie, Y winter beanie, and two grand prize drawings for a Fit Bit. Anyone who turns in their tracking sheet will receive 5 guest passes. Click Here to download your tracking tool.
The YMCA is here for your DISTANCE LEARNING SUPPORT!
The YMCA is here to help ALL grades transition to full distance learning.
Y PARTNERS ANNUAL CAMPAIGN
“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
nothing is going to get better. It’s not!” – the Lorax
LOCATIONS / TIMES
602 Oak Street, Brainerd
Staff will be able to distribute food packets from 10am-4pm, Monday-Friday
THE BRAINERD FAMILY YMCA & THE OUTREACH PROGRAM BLA OFFER FREE MEALS TO KIDS AND FAMILIES
1 in 7 children in the U.S. are fighting hunger and, because of COVID-19-related school closings, are even more are at risk. Our Y is stepping up during these times of uncertainty to ensure all kids have access to meals while maintaining social distance, even when school’s not in session.
Children ages 18 and under/families can pick Outreach Program meal packets at the YMCA.
- Vegetables: Many meal packages contain dehydrated vegetables.
- Vitamin and mineral fortified: Each serving contains 21 essential vitamins & minerals for a growing body.
- Multiple servings per package: One package provides six one-cup servings.
- Simple to Prepare: Boil package contents in water for twenty minutes.
- Long life: Each sealed package has a shelf life of two years
US IS A PROMISE
TO HELP STRENGTHEN OUR COMMUNITY
US IS A REALITY
TO HELP LIFT OUR COMMUNITY
Unable to display Facebook posts.
Please refer to our Error Message Reference.
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE
Certified program provider with Minnesota Afterschool Advance
BRAINERD FAMILY YMCA
602 Oak St.
Brainerd, MN 56401
DUE TO STATE MANDATE- THE YMCA WILL BE CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC BEGINNING AT MIDNIGHT ON NOVEMBER 20TH. THE EXPECTED CLOSURE IS EXPECTED TO BE 4 WEEKS.
*Y Members will continue to have access to virtual fitness classes and events. Please monitor our website for information.