REGISTRATION NOW CLOSED
2023 Kiwanis Kids Triathlon
The Brainerd Kiwanis Club and YMCA are hosting the 16th annual Kids Triathlon at Whipple Beach in Baxter, Minnesota. The wide beach, protected swim area, and quiet, dead-end roads create a fun and safe venue for beginner and experienced youth triathletes alike. Registration will be limited to the first 350 registrants. Open to Y members and the community!
Date- Saturday, August 26
Location- Whipple Beach, Baxter MN
- 1:30pm at Whipple Beach Park (race location)
- 5-9 y/o 4:00pm
- 10-14 y/o 4:45pm (approx.)
- (age at race day)
Race Entry Fee
- Registration is NOW CLOSED.
- Race t-shirts- every participant registered by August 17th will receive a race shirt (not guaranteed after this date).
- Top 3 male and female finishers in each age group will be recognized
- All finishers receive a medal
- Athletes who have completed 5 or 10 Kids Triathlon events will receive a special Kids Triathlon sweatshirt (must be indicated during registration process)
Event Director- Kirsten Goldstein, firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration- Jenny Wilson, email@example.com
Lakes Country Triathlon (Sunday, August 27th) - visit here to learn more!
Packet pick up begins at 1:30pm
Body marking and transition area open at 2:00pm
Race waves begin at 4:00pm
Awards begin after race completion around 6:00pm
The top (3) boys and girls in each age will be recognized
Ages 5-9: swim 25 yards, bike 2 miles, run 1 mile
Ages 10-14: swim 50 yards, bike 4 miles, run 2 miles
*Participants will be in shallow water and can touch bottom. There will also be lifeguards.
- Volunteers will be stationed at corners and turn around points.
- There will be 'road closures' to restrict/limit any vehicle traffic.
- The swim leg will be in shallow water where racers can touch the bottom. If a racer would like to wear a pfd, it is permitted
- Helmets are REQUIRED! ( one that has been approved by the US Consumer Product Safety Commission and is appropriate size and fit)
- Must be mounted and secured prior to getting on the bike.
- Must wear at all times on the bike and can be unfastened after dismount.
- In the event of severe weather, all attempts will be made to delay the race; however, the the race director reserves the right to cancel the event to best ensure personal safety. No refunds will be made due to weather cancellations.
- Personal music devices (in or out of ear) are not permitted at any point in the race.
Parking will be limited at Whipple Beach. Overflow parking will be located at the YMCA Camp Vanasek sport field-a short walk southwest of Whipple Beach.