IN-PERSON Group Fitness Classes begin on Monday, January 4, 2021.
Not ready to come into the facility to take a class?
Please see our virtual fitness schedule on Brainerd Family YMCA Group Fitness Facebook page. This is a private page for active members only.
Due to COVID-19 Preparedness Plan Guidance: Requirements for Gym, Studios & Fitness Centers updated on January 6, 2021, Group Fitness classes can being on Monday, January 4, 2021 with new updated guidelines:
- Each class must be held in a designated, separate, self-contained space that physically separates the group activities from all other activities at the facility.
- Classes cannot exceed 25 persons, which include all participants, instructors, and persons in the class area.
- Each member must have a 9X9 space.
- A reservation system must be established for each class.
- Access into the class area must be restricted to members of the class with a reservation, or an instructor. Other persons, including other workers, members, observers, or spectators are not permitted into the class area while the class is in progress.
GROUP EXERCISE CLASSES ARE FREE TO YMCA MEMBERS
New to Group Fitness? Arrive to class early please let instructor know you are new. Dress in comfortable workout attire. Wear supportive inside only shoes designed for that activity. Drink water before during and after class. Instructors will show different levels and options, workout at your own level. Feel free to ask instructor for help.
- More than 20 class formats
- Beginner, Intermediate & Advanced Classes
- Classes 6 days a week
- Variety of convenient times
- Reservations are encouraged to have a spot in class
- Open to ages 13 and up
- Ages 10-12 can attend with a guardian
Strength Train Together is your hour of power! This 60-minute barbell program strengthens all your major muscles in an inspiring, motivating group environment with fantastic music and awesome instructors. With simple, athletic movements such as squats, lunges, presses and curls, Strength Train Together is for all ages and fitness levels. Discover results, discover STT!
Balance & Flex Together is a choreographed 60 minute mind-body workout. It incorporates yoga and Pilates fundamentals with athletic training for balance, mobility, flexibility and the core. Motivating music drives the experience as you breathe and sweat through this full-body fitness journey.
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE
Certified program provider with Minnesota Afterschool Advance
BRAINERD FAMILY YMCA
602 Oak St.
Brainerd, MN 56401
Monday 5:30 AM - 8:30 PM
Tuesday 5:30 AM - 8:30 PM
Wednesday 5:30 AM - 8:30 PM
Thursday 5:30 AM - 8:30 PM
Friday 5:30 AM - 7:00 PM
Saturday 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Please monitor our Facebook pages for more information.