Code of Conduct
The Brainerd Family YMCA is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all members and guests. To promote safety & comfort for all, we ask individuals to act appropriately at all times when they are in YMCA facilities or participating in YMCA programs.
We expect all persons using the YMCA to behave in a mature & responsible way and to respect the rights and dignity of others. Our Code of Conduct for Members & Guests does not permit language or any action that can hurt or frighten another person. Specifically, this includes:
- Angry or vulgar language including swearing, name calling or shouting.
- Physical contact with another person in any angry or threatening way.
- Any demonstration of sexual activity or sexual contact with another person.
- Harassment or intimidation by words, gestures and body language.
- Theft or behavior which results in the destruction of property.
- Carrying or concealing any weapons, devices or objects, which may be used as weapons.
- Using, possessing or being under the influence of illegal chemicals or alcohol on YMCA property, in YMCA vehicles, or at YMCA sponsored programs.
- Any other conduct of an inappropriate, threatening or offensive nature.
- Unauthorized cameras, cell phones, PDAs & video recording devices are prohibited in all locker room areas unless used by medical, law enforcement, YMCA, or EMT personnel in emergency situations.
Members and guests are encouraged to be responsible for their personal comfort and safety and ask any person whose behavior threatens their comfort to refrain. If a member or guest feels uncomfortable in confronting the person directly, they should report the behavior to a staff person immediately.
The CEO or Leadership Staff will investigate all reported incidents. Suspension or termination of YMCA membership privileges may result from a determination by the Executive Director or Leadership Staff if in his or her discretion a violation of this Code of Conduct has occurred. YMCA Staff on duty may revoke facility usage privileges until such determination is made.
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE
BRAINERD FAMILY YMCA
602 Oak St.
Brainerd, MN 56401
DUE TO STATE MANDATE- THE YMCA IS NOT OPEN FOR MEMBER/PUBLIC USE
WE HAVE REDIRECTED OUR FOCUS TO PROVIDING EMERGENCY DAYCARE IN RESPONSE TO THE COVID-19 EMERGENCY. THE FACILITY WILL BE ACCESSIBLE TO FAMILIES UTILIZING OUR DAY CARE FROM 6:15AM-6:00PM MONDAY-FRIDAY.