NEW DISCOVERIES CHILD CARE CENTER
Toddler & Preschool Enrichment
ENROLL NOW AND GET A FREE SESSION OF SWIM LESSONS OR SPORTS CLASSES
Experiences during the early years of life influence how children view their world, how they relate to others, and their ability to succeed as learners. The Brainerd Family New Discoveries Child Care uses creative curriculum as a teaching guide to support all aspects of a child’s development, which includes:
- Building a trusting relationship with each child
- Providing responsive, individualized care
- Creating environments that support and encourage exploration
- Ensuring children’s safety and health
- Developing partnerships with families
- Recognizing the importance of social/emotional development
- Taking advantage of every opportunity to build a foundation for lifelong learning
- Observing and documenting each child’s development to allow for differentiated instruction and individual guidance
With so many demands on today’s families, parents need all the support they can get. That’s why child care at the Y is about more than looking after kids. It’s about nurturing their development by providing a safe place to learn foundational skills, develop healthy, trusting, relationships and build self-reliance.
- Swimming lessons, and other YMCA programs available daily (additional fees apply)
- Fun swim on Wednesday & Friday
- Field trips and special events
- Nutritious meals and snacks
- Biannual parent/teacher conferences
- Facilities include State-of-the-art outdoor playground, YMCA aquatic center and gymnasium access
- Creative curriculum is used as a teaching guide to support child development
Hours of Operation
6:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
|Toddler (16 months – 33 months)||
$35 per day
|Preschool (33 months – 6 years)||
$33 per day
Our staff members are experienced and well trained individuals who are committed to the goals of providing support to families and enriching social, physical and intellectual experiences for all children. Our teachers are CPR & First Aid certified. They also have at least a 2-year degree.
Contact Maci Barrett, New Discoveries Child Care Director at 218-454-2560 or email@example.com to schedule a tour, or to enroll. Upon enrollment, necessary paperwork will be recorded along with current immunization records, and health history.
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE
Certified program provider with Minnesota Afterschool Advance
BRAINERD FAMILY YMCA
602 Oak St.
Brainerd, MN 56401
Monday 5:30 AM - 8:30 PM
Tuesday 5:30 AM - 8:30 PM
Wednesday 5:30 AM - 8:30 PM
Thursday 5:30 AM - 8:30 PM
Friday 5:30 AM - 7:00 PM
Saturday 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Please monitor our Facebook pages for more information.